In Sull’s Manual of Advanced Penmanship, this second offering from author and Master Penman Michael R. Sull brings to light numerous styles and methods of creative artistry in handwriting that until now have never before appeared in published form. Fascinating techniques such as relay writing, puzzle writing, connected writing, and running hand are described in a most comprehensive manner.
Also included in this instructional guide are the following novelty methods of American cursive, ornamental penmanship, and flourishing:
- Elevated ornamental Spencerian capitals Advanced Spencerian monograms
- Sequencing curvature
- Super twister capitals
- Movement, dexterity, and spontaneity
- Flourished word and line endings
- Negative space considerations
- Superscription and signature writing
- Muscularity and pen manipulation
- Interline flourishing, masterpiece flourishing, and artistic shading
- Accent title and foliated flourishing
- Methods of bird and quill designs, filigree patterns, and composition flourishing
Sull explains each entry in an easy-to-understand manner and provides illustrations of techniques to add a visual sense of understanding to the reader.
This book has 266 pages and measures with a Trim Size of 8.5in x 11in.
About the Author:
Michael R. Sull is a certified American master penman recognized internationally for his efforts to promote the techniques and history of American penmanship. In a career spanning thirty-five years, he has taught in forty-five states and twelve foreign countries, and is considered the most significant living American master penman of the past sixty years. A former lettering artist for Hallmark Cards, he served as former President Ronald Reagan's personal calligrapher and was the founder and designer of the Spencerian Monument for American Handwriting in Geneva, Ohio. Mr. Sull is currently the corporate master penman for the Zaner-Bloser Company. He resides in Gardner, Kansas.
- Michael R. Sull
- Educational Books