Sailor Ink Studio 224 is a cool-toned purple ink from the Sailor Ink Studio collection reminiscent of lavender or periwinkle. This ink features multiple beautiful colors that stand out on a page ranging from light blues to deep purple hues. Read more below!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 15 seconds – Even when using a medium nib, this ink dries quickly. The ink really comes alive during the drying process as it goes from a solid light blue to a multi-chromatic periwinkle.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – No water resistance to speak of, but adding some water and seeing what colors you can coax from it is fun!
- Low – There's a distinct difference in the shades from the swabs. The other ink examples show the saturation going from very light to quite dark with the addition of more ink.
Ease of Cleaning:
- High – Like most of Sailor's lighter-toned inks, this one is easy to clean from a pen.
- High – There's lots of lovely shading with 224. Compared to the super popular Manyo Haha, 224 delivers a legible line and is much easier to see on paper.
- Low/medium – This ink is not nearly as dry as some of the lighter shades, but it's by no means a wet writer. Pair it with your wettest writing pen and you'll be in for some mesmerizing shading!
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- The Ink Studio bottles from Sailor feature a relatively plain label, but you receive a few goodies inside! Stickers are in the box to allow the marking of a converter or pen so you know what ink is in the converter. It's a very innovative and helpful way to keep track of your ink. The opening is large enough to fill a pen, so no worries there either.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
This ink is fine and dandy, looks like cotton candy, and we hope you enjoy it