Robert Oster Australis Rose is part of the Australis line of fountain pen inks from Robert Oster. With its dusty rose color and light shading this ink is well behaved and eye catching. Read on to find out more.
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 10-20 Seconds – Like Mosthis ink is very 'middle of the road' in regards to dry time, not too wet, not too dry.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – This isn't the ink for important documents, when smeared or dripped on this disappears almost completely!
- Medium – Between swabs 1-3 you see the biggest difference between 1-2 where when overlapped it deepens from a deep pink to almost a maroon.
Ease of Cleaning:
- High – We found this ink to be extremely well behaved and was easily
- Medium-Low – There is a touch of shading with this ink, especially on overlapping lines though you don't see a ton of shading on it own.
- Medium – Australis Rose goes down smoothly and while not wet enough to bleed through most papers it is certainly not dry.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Robert Oster Signature Inks use recyclable PET bottles which are manufactured in Australia’s first carbon neutral plastics plant. The opening is wide enough to fill your pen from.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Overall, Australis Rose is an extremely well behaved ink with a touch of shading and is the perfect 'Goldilocks' ink in regards to flow and saturation.