Colorverse Coffee Break fountain pen ink is part of the Season 6 collection. Colorverse Season 6 celebrates "Joy In The Ordinary." Featuring the rich brown hue of a fresh morning brew, Coffee Break is the perfect match for a coffee aficionado. Read on to see our impression!
- LAMY with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 20-30 seconds – We found this ink was relatively middle to slightly wet writing, taking upwards of 25+ seconds to fully dry.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – Coffee Break lacks any water resistance and we found it all but washed away when water touched it.
- Medium – When layered this ink had some good depth of color, going from lighter to deep chocolate brown with red hues like a dark roast coffee.
Ease of Cleaning:
- High – This ink was cleaned out readily and left no staining.
- High – From light yellow-brown to deep chocolate tones Coffee Break has a good amount of shading on the loops and crossed letters.
- Medium – Not a super wet or dry ink, this was fairly middle of the road and kept up well in the medium LAMY nib.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- This Colorverse ink comes in a small 30ml glass bottle with a faceted black cap. We found this was large enough to fill a LAMY or other pens with a slightly larger grip sections.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Overall, Coffee Break is a great addition for anyone looking for a non-traditional but still professional ink color with some shading and character. With its ease of cleaning and rich color this is not one to miss!