LAMY azurite is a stunning fountain pen ink from the LAMY Crystal collection. This rich purple ink is smooth, bold, and has an enchanting green sheen! Named after the multi-colored azurite crystal, LAMY azurite can transform a page while still being low-maintenance. Read below for more!
- Kaimori Dip nib and Sakura nib holder
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 10 + seconds – When using the Kakimori dip nib, azurite took a bit longer to dry, but this ink will still take around ten seconds with most nibs. It's a wet ink with higher saturation that takes some time!
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – azurite will turn into a light purple cloud with enough water. This ink is not water resistant at all.
- High – Because azurite is a very saturated ink, the purple color from swab one has little to no differentiation from swab three.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Medium – This ink is not difficult to clean from your pen, but that extra saturation means it'll take more water to get azurite out of your feed!
- Low –This ink doesn't have any real shading, but there is a lovely green sheen if applied with a large wet nib or when using the right paper.
- High – Most of LAMY's standard inks land on the dry side, but azurite and the other gemstone collection inks have a nice wet flow.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- LAMY packages this ink in a fascinating triangular bottle with rounded edges. It features a large opening that's very easy to fill from and a color-coded ring on the cap to remind you what's inside.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare shades side by side.
LAMY inks have traditionally been more on the professional side, but azurite is undoubtedly a break out from those more standard colors. This ink is a deep purple, which would be fun on its own, but with the hidden green sheen popping out here and there, it's sure to call attention to your writing. It's still well-behaved in terms of flow and ability to clean out your pen, but it's definitely not the same LAMY ink you've seen before!