Diamine Oxblood is one of our more popular inks from Diamine. It has a very dark red hue and it flows very smoothly out of any pen. Check out our review of this fan-favorite red ink and you may want to get your own sample to try!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 30+ seconds – Diamine Oxblood was dry in about 30 seconds or more on Rhodia paper. It can vary depending on paper choice, so that will be key to think about when using this ink.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – This ink is not water resistant and any hard work will be ruined if water comes in contact with it. However, it is a beautiful color that would look nice as an ink wash when water is applied, as it would show many different shades of red.
- Medium – There's a slight difference from swabs 1 to 3, but overall, nothing too noticeable.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Easy – There isn't any issue cleaning this out of whatever pen it may be in. It's great when awesome-looking inks aren't difficult to clean, as that only adds to their greatness!
- Medium – Some differences can be seen in the writing, but it can vary depending on the paper used, as always.
- Medium – Diamine is known for having inks with great flow and this is no exception. It will write beautifully with any nib, from an extra-fine to a broad nib or even a stub.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
30 mL plastic bottle, 80 mL glass bottle or as 18 count pack of cartridges. The 80 ml bottle is wide enough to fit a fountain pen for filling.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
This ink is easy and pleasant to use, and if you're looking for a unique red ink with great flow, this is definitely one to consider! It'll consistently write well, so you shouldn't face any regular issues with Oxblood. This ink could be used professionally, but since it's red, it may not be the best ink to use in the office. If you need deep red ink with good flow, this is one to at least get a sample of and try out!