Today from Wearingeul we have the smoky and glittery Wearingeul I Am A Cat. Inspired by the glittering eyes of a cat in a human world, this slate grey color has lovely shading that's highlighted by gold shimmer. A must-have for those looking for an subdued ink that's a little out of the box! Read our full review.
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 5 seconds – This is a pretty lightly colored ink and the dry time is nice and fast coming in right at 5 seconds.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low - No real water resitance here. Just like cats, this ink doesn't play nicely with water. The drips sucked most of the ink off the page but the smear had a bit of legible line left.
- Low – Not particularly dark or saturated but this does allow for the gold shimmer to really pop in contrast. You can see a lovely gradient from swabs 1, 2, and 3
Ease of Cleaning:
- Medium – Not much issue from the ink side but the shimmer will always make things a bit more difficult. Wearingeul's shimmer cleans out a bit easier than some others though!
- High – Lovely subtle shading throughout each stroke for this one. The contrast on grey inks isn't as pronounced but the shading is present and looks especially soft and nice on the Leuchtturm1917 and Tomoe River.
- Low – This was quite a dry ink but it didn't have any issues coming out of the LAMY medium nib. You'll definitely get more nib and paper feel with it but nothing unpleasant
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Wearingeul's 30ml short square bottles are a delight for the desk and feature the names in English and Korean so they really look special on the desk. The opening is wide enough to fill a fountain pen directly from the bottle.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
The cat's out of the bag! This was one of the most fun Wearingeul inks we've tested recently. It's got a lovely color that combines beautifully with the gold shimmer. If you're a fan of some more subdued ink colors but still want a some shimmer in there, this is an excellent choice. It's the cat's pajamas!