Robert Oster Rose Gold Antiqua is part of Robert Oster's Shake 'N Shimmy line of shimmering fountain pen ink colors. Featuring a dark, dusty rose with glimmering gold shimmer perfect for letters or daily writing. Curious to learn more? Read on below!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 10 seconds – This ink dries pretty quickly and would be great for on-the-go journaling and adding a bit of shimmery flair to note taking. The shimmer can wipe away some even after drying so be sure to take care when touching the page after.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – This ink does not hold up well to water so while it's great for letting writing it may be best to use something more permanent for the envelope.
- Medium – The shimmer helps add depth the color on this but on its own there isn't much variation in color when writing with this.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Low – While the ink its self will rinse out readily the shimmer can be more stubborn and may take repeated cleanings and scrubbing with a soft toothbrush to fully dislodge.
- Low – The shimmer can lead to some lovely changes in lighter to dark rose the ink its self only has a subtle shading, it is fairly consistent otherwise.
- Medium – This ink sits on the slightly dry-leaning side which lends to its shorter dry time. Due to this, it works well on a variety of papers. Outside of the shimmer lifting off the page, this would be a good option for left handed writers.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Rose Gold Antiqua comes in a standard plastic (recycled!) 50ml bottle. It has a wide enough bottle opening to fill using most pens but you will likely want an inkwell to decant the rest when ink levels get low.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Robert Oster Rose Gold Antiqua is a fantastic dusky rose fountain pen ink color with a subtle gold shimmer that dries quickly and holds up well with most papers. This is perfect for adding a flair to all your writing.