Robert Oster Honey Bee: Ink Review
Robert Oster Honey Bee is a warm, honey-colored yellow ink, which is the perfect color for any time of year! Read on to hear why we love this legible yellow ink choice for your writing adventures!
Drawing Inspiration and Technique
- This ink had a medium flow.
- It's wet but not so wet that you wouldn't be able to journal.
Dry Time- 30+ Seconds
- it takes over 30 seconds to dry but not more than a minute.
- If you had a finer nib, it wouldn't take as long to dry.
Water Resistance- Low
- The water basically took all the ink away during the drip test.
- Using the wet swab, it took the entire ink up or pushed it to the side leaving a tiny bit of colored residue.
- That is some variation in the color when writing.
- If you want more shading, we recommend that you let the ink dry for a bit and then add more layers on if you want a darker shade
How did the ink behave on other papers?
- The ink performs well on all types of paper.
Special Features Worth Noting?
- Warm, yellow color, almost orange
If you'd like to try other inks in this color range, be sure to check out the suggestions below:
- Diamine Sepia– More of a brownish hue to it but nice a wet flowing
- Kyo-No-Oto Yamabukiiro (no longer available)- On the drier end of the flow range, but similar in color
- Noodler's Overlord Orange– Very bright!, also fun and cheery