Robert Oster Fire & Ice is a gorgeous turquoise fountain pen ink with red sheen and lots of shading. This is definitely a fan favorite, check out the review below to learn more!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 20-30 seconds – 20+ seconds is pretty standard for ink. Definitely not quick dry, but it shouldn't cause you trouble if you are writing or turning pages quickly.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Rating – If you are looking for water resistance, look elsewhere. This one doesn't stay put when water is applied.
- Medium – You can see a difference between the first swab line and the second, but not the second and the third.
Ease of Cleaning:
- High – Pretty standard cleaning for this ink, no need to take any additional steps. It will stay on your hands a bit longer however!
- High – This ink throws a lot of shade! On down strokes you can see stunning pigment pooling and sheen, while on upstrokes, you get a lighter shade of turquoise. If you love shading/sheening ink, you have to try this one.
- Medium – While this does have a longer dry time it isn't overly wet but may feather on less fountain-pen-friendly paper.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- It comes in a 50ml plastic bottle with a minimalist label. This features a wide mouth so it is easy to fill any pen we carry from it.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Robert Oster Fire & Ice ink is a sought-after ink among fountain pen users. Known for its mesmerizing blue/turquoise color, and its red sheen, this ink works for professional and casual settings. With its smooth flow and consistent performance, Robert Oster Fire & Ice not only adds a touch of elegance to your writing but also adds a little something extra when you least expect it. There's a reason this is a go-to for so many fountain pen users, so grab a bottle and see what you think!