Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine: Ink Review
Pelikan Edelstein Ink of the Year Aquamarine is a dark turquoise ink with a little bit of shading, and even some sheen! See why there are never enough turquoise inks, including this new one from Pelikan!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib (also EF and B nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 dotpad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- Medium– This ink has a pretty standard dry time. Under 30 seconds is by no means quick drying, but you should be ok to take notes with it and not worry about smudging when you turn the page.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low– While this ink is a darker shade, it doesn't stand up to the drip test. The color stayed on the page but the lines disappeared. Look to another ink if you want staying power.
- Medium– While there were definite fluctuations in color between the first and second swabs, there was no difference between the second and third.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Easy– Although this ink has a darker shade, it washed easily off the nib for cleaning.
- High– The shading in this ink is fantastic. Like some other similar teal ink, the color variation is fantastic. It looked especially good in the broad nib.
- Medium– This ink has a great flow. No worries about hard starting here.
- Special Edition– This is a special edition ink that might not always be available.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Beautiful 50ml bottle and box. Also available in Standard International Long Cartridges and 2ml ink samples.
- Bottle has a large opening making it easy to fill.
- The box is beautifully designed and pleasant to look at.
Inks Similar in Color:
This ink is great! It's a tad darker than most other teal/turquoise inks. It has pretty amazing shading, so we recommend this as one you must try. Additionally, this ink is dark enough to pass muster at work but fun enough that you'll want to write with it. It would be great for taking notes in school or journaling.
You can find Pelikan Edelsetain Aquamarine at Gouletpens.com in a 50ml bottle or a 2ml ink sample.