Noodler's Rachmaninoff: Ink Review
Not only is Noodler's Rachmaninoff Fountain Pen Ink a gloriously bright pink ink it has a number of other qualities that make it stand out. Read on to find out more about this truly singular ink.
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib (also EF and B nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 dotpad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- Fast–This is a really fast drying ink. It did not budge after 20 seconds when writing with a medium nib! This could be a good pink ink for lefties.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- High– Wow. Seriously wow. This ink did not budge even a little when water was applied in the drip test. Even taking a swab with water along the end didn't move anything. If you are looking for a seriously permanent pink ink, this is it!
- High-From the first swab to the last, there was absolutely no change in the color of this ink. It stayed the same bright Pepto pink!
Ease of Cleaning:
- Medium– It's a bright color and permanent so it does take a little more work than your average ink, but it still cleaned up pretty quickly. To be safe, keep up with regular cleaning and don't leave this ink in a pen over a long period of time.
- Low– Absolutely no shading at all. Thin or thick lines, this is going to be a steady bright color.
- Medium– In the Lamy, it didn't cause any problems. It kept up with the pen nicely. This ink is thicker than others you might be used to, so you may experience better flow with different nibs and pens that you try.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- 3oz glass or plastic bottle with 2ml ink samples also available.
- Very utilitarian bottle and box. The plastic is especially unassuming
- The label is pretty cool. It depicts Red Square in Moscow with a couple of catfish swimming around it.
It has characteristics that we've never seen in a pink ink before. Give the color, we don't see it being appropriate in all situations, but if you have some notes that you need to give particular attention to or are a teacher grading papers, this could be the perfect ink. The dry time makes it a great option for lefties.