Noodler's Pecan invites you to indulge in a writing experience that echoes the rich, nutty essence of its namesake. As the leaves turn and autumn's embrace settles in, this ink emerges as a classic favorite, evoking the cozy charm and nostalgic hues of the fall season. Check out the full review below!
- LAMY safari with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 10 seconds – Not a super fast dry ink like some of the other Noodler's inks but still pretty fast!
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- High - Pecan is surprisingly water proof and you can tell that the darker base colors are close to the very water-resistant Noodler's black. On Tomoe River paper you can actually see some color separation as well.
- Medium – Pecan is a bit on the darker side of orange and creeps closer to brown. It's got lovely shading but it reads as a more saturated ink than some of the other Noodler's oranges.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Medium – It wasn't dificult but you can definitely tell this is a water resistant ink. It may take a minute or two longer to clean but it was not difficult.
- High – Pecan has lovely shading that goes from a dark brown all the way to a bright orange. The shading is a bit more pronounced on this from the inclusion of the water-resistant properties.
- High – Pecan feels a bit more free flowing and a touch drier than than Southwest Sunset or Habanero. The feel is close to a faster drying ink from Noodler's so expect the ink to absorb a touch faster on most paper.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Like all Noodler's inks, this comes in a filled-to-the-brim 3 oz glass bottle, with a cute label illustrating the pecan tree, nuts and leaves.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Noodler's Pecan ink provides a delightful and versatile writing experience. With its moderate dry time, warm saturation, and water-resistance, this ink is an excellent choice for those seeking a reliable and stylish companion for their pen.