Amethyste de l'Oural is a nice purple with some silver shimmer. See what we have to say about it!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib (also EF and B nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 dotpad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- About 35 seconds – The ink still smeared a little bit at the 30 second mark of the smear test, so it would have been totally dry around 35 seconds.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Medium – While the ink did smear, there was still visible ink left behind on the drip test.
- High – We couldn't see much difference between swabs 1,2, & 3 .
Ease of Cleaning:
- Medium – The shimmer was a bit hard to clean out of my feed, and we ended up removing the feed and using a toothbrush to get all the shimmer out. It's also a pretty dark and saturated ink, so it took a couple times to flush it all out.
- Low – The color was pretty consistent throughout and didn't provide much variation.
- Wet – We were actually surprised at how well the ink flowed.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- The bottles that the J. Herbin shimmer inks come in are so lovely! They have wax seal on the front and are a really attractive square shape. If you are looking for a bottle to display or give as a gift, this is a great option.
Inks Similar in Color:
The shimmer in this ink adds such a fun flair to your writing and it's mesmerizing! We really like how dark the base ink is, and the silver shimmer shows up really well against it.