How to Clean a Fountain Pen: Piston-Filler
One of the best things you can do for your fountain pens is clean them regularly! In this video, we walk you through the steps to properly clean your piston-filling fountain pen.
Steps to follow here:
- Remove cap of your pen
- Dispel excess ink into a sink or cup
- Draw clean water into the pen from a cup (If your water is hard, we recommend using distilled water)
- Dispel that water back into the sink
- Repeat this process until water is clear (You could also draw water into the pen running water instead of a cup)
- Shake your pen to remove excess ink
- Gently blot nib and feed with a paper towel
- Dry and reassemble your clean pen
- Write on!
You can shop our pen cleaning supplies on GouletPens.com