Ferris Wheel Press The Fluttering Heart (2023 Limited Edition) is a soft pink fountain pen ink that satisfies those that want a lighter pink ink, with a little bit of pale champagne shimmer. It's not a part of the standard line, since it's a Limited Edition. Check out the full review below.
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 10-20 seconds – This ink is somewhere in between drying quickly and slowly, as it tends to be smear free after a little more than 10 seconds and is definitely good-to-go by the 20-second mark.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Medium – It's definitely not water-resistant ink, as it shouldn't be used as a permanent ink. With that said, it stayed in place decently well, although the shimmer doesn't remain at all.
- Low-Medium – Where there is more ink put down, it appears to be a more full blush-pink ink. However, it can be a bit hard to see in other spots where it's less saturated, which appears to be the majority of the time.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Moderate – Although this isn't permanent ink that will stain or a sheening ink that can get messy when cleaning, it does have shimmer and takes a little extra effort to get all the shimmer out of your feed.
- Medium – It doesn't have the most shading compared to many other inks but it can shade from a barely-there pink to a fuller blush pink.
- Moderate – This ink writes smoothly but it doesn't lean towards the wet or dry side. It more depends on the nib size you use while writing, but in the medium LAMY nib, it was middle of the road in terms of flow.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- The Fluttering Heart is available in a 38ml glass bottle size or our 2ml sample size.
- The instantly recognizable shape of the glass bottle is inspired by the pocket watch and is completed with its signature hexagonal brass cap, and an air-tight secure cap locking mechanism to prevent leaks.
- Each bottle features custom (and varying) artwork, and a label on the back to indicate the ink color.
- The bottle size measures 67mm wide x 75mm tall x 25mm deep and the opening can be a bit tight for some pens, so an ink syringe may help to fill a pen with this ink.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Ferris Wheel Press The Fluttering Heart (2023 Limited Edition) is far from a normal pink ink. It's got plenty of character from the slight variation in color you can get that goes from pastel pink to a deeper blush pink, to the champagne-colored shimmer that sparkles on top of the soft pink ink. It's worth a try if you like shimmer inks, soft or pastel colors, pink inks, like Ferris Wheel Press inks in general or just want something a bit different. Grab one soon, as it's a 2023 limited edition color!