Ferris Wheel Press Stroke of Midnight is a dark blue fountain pen ink with added gold and silver shimmer, and a red sheen. Stroke of Midnight was originally released in celebrate of the New Year, but you can enjoy the celebration vibes all year round with this inviting ink.
- Kakimori Steel Nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- ~10 seconds – While this ink smeared at 10 seconds, it was completely dry before 20 seconds.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – This is no real surprise, since Ferris Wheel Press inks are not water resistant.
- High – There is barely any difference between 1 and 3. This isn't unusual with darker inks.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Medium – Since this ink has some shimmer and sheen, it can take a little bit longer to clean from a pen, but it's not too difficult. Just give it an extra bit of cleaning and you should be good to go!
- Low – This ink doesn't have any shading properties.
- Medium – This ink felt a little bit wetter than some other Ferris Wheel Press inks, but I don't think anyone would say this ink is a wet writing ink.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Ferris Wheel Press ink bottles and their packaging are a thing of beauty. Designed to resemble a pocket-watch the glass bottle features custom art work with a signature hexagonal brass cap. The outer box has the aesthetics of vintage perfume packaging, too.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
All in all, this is a nice ink. The dark navy blue, with the silver shimmer and red sheen make this a fun addition to any writing assignment you might have.
This color is available in 38ml bottle, and our ink samples.