If you've been looking for a purple ink that has more to offer than just the base color, look no further. Ferris Wheel Press Poison Envy Poison Envy is part of the FerriTales collection, which consists of high-quality, richly saturated fountain pen inks that feature a combination of enchanting shades, premium dazzling shimmers, and captivating sheens. Read more about Poison Envy below!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 30+ seconds – The rich purple color takes a bit longer than 30 seconds to dry, depending on how much ink is put down.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – This ink is not a good choice to prevent smearing, as it won't hold up well if it gets wet.
- High – There shouldn't be any drier areas when using this ink, as it's very saturated.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Moderate – This ink cleans out pretty easily with warm water since it's not water resistant. The shimmer is a bit more difficult to clean out, as it proves to stick around a bit longer and requires wiping certain parts of the pen.
- Low – This ink comes out as pretty much the same shade of purple everywhere it's put down on the page. With that said, there are other colors from the sheening and shimmering aspects of the ink.
- Moderate – The flow is steady but ink doesn't pour out of the pen. The shimmer and sheen could cause clogging if not properly maintained or if cleaning isn't done for a while.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- In 20ml miniature glass globes that have some stars around the middle band with the brand logo.
- Beautifully decorated, colorful boxes with unique artwork.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Ferris Wheel Press Poison Envy fountain pen ink is a deep purple ink with duo-chrome green and pink shimmer! There is also a green sheen that comes out in the more heavily saturated areas. It's sure to catch everyone's eyes between the beautiful purple base color of the ink, the shiny green and pink shimmer, and the green sheen. Give it a try if purple, shimmer, or sheen inks are intriguing to you!