Ferris Wheel Press Bumbling Blossom fountain pen ink is part of the FerriTales collection. A vibrant pink with duo chrome pink and chartreuse sparkle, this ink captures the essence of transformation and wonder, shifting from pink to green like the unexpected twists and turns of one's own journey. This color is inspired by the flower that bore Thumbelina. Read on to learn more!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 30+ seconds – This ink is wet! We found that it took a smidge over 30 seconds before it no longer smeared.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – Not the ink for important documents as this all but washes away once water touches it. The residual pink may be useful for water washes though.
- High – With a heavy shimmer this ink is pretty saturated and it's difficult to determine a difference from swab one to three.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Low – With the high saturation of shimming in this ink cleaning is a bit more in-depth as the particulate sticks to the feed and will likely make a surprise appearance in future inks used.
- Medium – We found there to be a decent amount of shading with this ink, between the shimmer and blush to deeper pink on the loops and cross letters this has a lot of personality!
- Wet – Hand in hand with the smear test, we found this ink to be pretty wet writing and it went down smoothly even with the higher concentration of shimmer.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Ferris Wheel Press has lovely boxes individually designed with custom artwork, and this box is no exception. Each rounded glass bottle is on the smaller side, and is be a bit difficult to fill your pen from so we recommend decanting the ink into a different vessel.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Overall Ferris Wheel Press Bumbling Blossom is a vibrant pink ink with gold shimmer that lends a greenish hue for a saturated, whimsical writing experience. This isn't one to sleep on!