Diamine Wild Strawberry is part of the standard Diamine fountain pen ink line up. It's a vibrant red that pops off the page. Read the full review below!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- ~20 seconds – Wild Strawberry is a somewhat wet writing ink and we found that it took at least 20 seconds before it no longer smeared.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – While not water resistant there were faint lines left behind. This ink may not the best for important documents.
- Medium – We found this ink is pretty saturated and there wasn't much variance from Swab One to Three.
Ease of Cleaning:
- High – As a lighter color it dilutes easily and does not stick to the converter or nib. We were able to transition to another ink color in the AL-star without much hassle. Expect a little staining if you get ink on your hands, but it doesn't last too long.
- Low – This ink lays down a solid line with little to no variation in color but keeps that bright pop of red.
- Wet – In this medium nib, flow was excellent and the ink seems to want to write but did not cause any feathering or bleed through on the papers we tried it on. It's a good ink for thinner nibs, but really pops with a stub nib as well.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Diamine uses a unique design for their 80ml bottles featuring an almost square base with glass bubbles along the rounded top. The 30ml bottles are plastic with a narrow neck and flip top, they aren't easy to fill from, so we recommend decanting into an inkwell.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Diamine Wild Strawberry is a well behaved wet writing ink with a very distinct vibrant red color. It's perfect for writing a summery letter or even for corrections on documents. If you love that red pop of color this is one to be sure to check out!