Diamine Sherwood Green is a classic favorite for those wanting a dark green fountain pen ink. It has excellent saturation with nice flow. Check out the full review below!
- LAMY safari with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 15-20 seconds – This ink has as a medium to long dry time. It shouldn't be an issue for writing in your journal!
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – This ink is not water resistant at all, but if you do care to dilute it you can get a wide range of green shades from it.
- High – It's a very dark green; one of Diamines darkest greens in their traditional line of inks. With the right pen and paper you will get a nice touch of red sheen.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Easy – It may linger on the fingers but cleaning it from a pen is a breeze.
- Medium/High – The ink delivers some shading where the ink pools to a very dark deep green. It will give you some great color variation but still yields a consistent line.
- Medium – It's not one of Diamines wettest writing inks but it's certainly not dry. Flow is medium, with a slight nod toward the wet side.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- 30ml plastic, 80ml glass bottles and cartridges are available.
- The larger bottles are easy to fill from.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Diamine Sherwood Green is a great standard dark green that yields a lovely rich color. It's dark enough to be easily legible but still has a slight touch of shading and with the right nib and paper, you'll get a nice red sheen in certain spots. It's not water-resistant so be careful with the grocery lists or your morning cup of coffee. Besides that, it's one of Diamines best greens and would compliment any collection nicely!