De Atramentis Frankincense ink is a dark gray ink that is good for all occasions. Want to know more? Read on!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib (also EF and B nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 dotpad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- Medium– This ink was completely dry in 30 seconds. No smudging, no movement, no nothing!
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Medium/High– While this ink isn't classified as "water resistant" it sure is good at resisting water! It barely smeared at all when we applied water. Pretty impressive and again, really unexpected.
- Medium– There was a difference between the first and second swab, but the second and third looked the same.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Easy-Disappeared quickly from the nibs and feed upon cleaning it.
- Medium– A lovely amount of gentle shading! It went from a light grey to a darker shade, even with a medium nib. Impressive!
- Medium– It flowed well from the pen, not too heavy but not too light. A solid medium.
- Scent– This ink has a spicy evergreen scent. You can smell it out of the bottle but I couldn't really smell it at all while writing with it.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- 35ml glass bottle with 2ml ink samples also available.
- Utilitarian bottle that is stand alone. No box included.
- Wide necked bottle makes it easy to fill your pen!
This is a really great ink, and it's a mellow shade of dark gray. The flow was great and the smell an added bonus. It'd be great to use on letters or for journaling.