Colorverse Witch by Starlight is a special edition fountain pen ink named after the Witch Head Nebula, made exclusively for Goulet Pens. It's a beautiful dark bluish purple with light rose gold shimmer. Read the full review below!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- About 15 seconds – Witch By Starlight dries pretty quickly. It goes on looking blue and when it's dried down you'll see it turn to a more dusty blue/purple color.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – It's not water resistant at all, so pay attention to errant rain drops! The ink color and shimmer deliver an interesting gradient when you hit them with a water brush so it's a great ink for mixed media projects.
- Medium– The ink isn't super saturated but it does deliver a solid legible line. The shimmer is very fine and distributes evenly from a LAMY safari with a medium nib.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Medium – The ink itself is easy to wash out of a pen but the shimmer will stick around. I prefer to disassemble fully for cleaning shimmer inks, but if you don't, a little more time flushing the pen should take care of it.
- Medium – There is definitely some shading apparent with the larger nibs; you'll see a lighter softer color where there is less pooling and a darker spot with more shimmer on the heavier areas.
- Medium/High – In this medium nib, flow was excellent and the ink seems to want to write. Thinner and smaller nibs may produce a more metered and dry feeling flow due to the shimmer.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Colorverse packaging is lovely. The boxes for their inks feature simple yet cleanly cut lines and graphics. The bottle itself has a unique shape and looks great adorning your desk.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Witch By Starlight is a winner! It goes down a darker blue and dries to a more muted blue/purple — combined with the rose gold shimmer, you get a beautiful purple with some nice shading and a lovely shimmer factor. This has been one of the easiest flowing and trouble-free shimmer inks we've used in quite some time.