Colorverse Monkeyhead Nebula Glistening is an awesome light blue fountain pen ink that will wow you from the second you pick up the bottle. This ink has added multi-color shimmer that gives it a unique look each time it hits the paper. This color can appear blue, lavender, periwinkle, or even gray depending on how much ink you have on the page, and the type of paper used! Check out the full review below.
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- ~20 seconds – This ink doesn't take long to dry as it will dry in about 20 seconds. It would be good for on-the-go writing, or journaling.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – The color won't hold up well if the ink gets wet, and the shimmer will also fade.
- Low-Medium – This ink has shading characteristics, so there may be variations in saturation where it will look lighter or darker depending on the amount of ink put down.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Hard – The ink itself is doesn't stain and isn't very dark, but it may take some effort to get the shimmer components completely out of your pen's cracks and crevices, especially the feed.
- Medium – There is moderate shading with this ink, as it can range from a faded light blue to a darker blue tone.
- Moderate – The shimmer can definitely impact the flow of the ink, but it flows smoothly and leaves some wet spots behind the more you write. Results can vary depending on the pen and nib you're using.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- Comes in a 65 mL drop-shaped glass bottle and a box that has some cool space themed designs on it.
- The bottle has an opening that is wide enough to fill any pen.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
Colorverse Monkeyhead Nebula Glistening is a one-of-a-kind ink that will catch many people's attention. It's a beautiful shade of light blue that can transform into a purple color with increased ink usage. It has some multi-colored shimmer that looks amazing on paper. This ink is part of the Colorverse Ink Project Series "No. 037", which is a collection that's inspired by famous constellations in the night sky.