Today, we're going to look at Colorverse Andromeda, a warm fuchsia ink with an undertone of pink, and some hints of a golden sheen. What do we think of this ink? Read on to see in our full review!
- LAMY AL-star with medium steel nib
- Rhodia No. 16 dot pad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River 52 gsm white paper
- Leuchtturm1917 80g notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- 30+ seconds – This is a very wet ink. As such, it doesn't dry quickly at all. It also can smear on your paper, or even get on your hands if you're not careful while writing.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Medium – While the ink does have remnants left when water hits it, there is a decent amount of ink bleeding so you can see that something was originally on the page, but is now much harder to read! Like many inks this one does a great job for washes if you're using it in art.
- High – You can see a decent difference between the 1st and 3rd swabs. This ink also is darker with larger nib sizes, so if you're looking for a deep fuchsia ink, this is a good one to go with! You might even get some sheening with highly saturated places, or where ink is pooling on the page.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Hard – This ink is not easy to clean out of or off of anything. At the time of writing, it has been 5 days since I got ink on my hands, and it's still dyeing my fingernail and cuticle!
- Low/Medium – There's a little bit of shading but this ink isn't one we would say is known for its shading properties.
- High – This is a great ink to keep up with your quick note taking and hurried list making...as long as you don't need to close your notebook immediately after. This is a wet ink, so it's going to take a while to dry!
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- This ink is in a special package with both a 65ml glass bottle and a 15ml glass bottle of Colorverse Andromeda. The bottles themselves are rounded and almost teardrop shaped at the bottom. The opening is wide enough to fit regular sized pens on both bottles, but pens with a very large grip section might not fit in the smaller bottle.
If you're interested in similar colors, check out our Swab Shop where you can compare colors side by side.
All in all this is a fun ink to use. With a little bit of sheening, some nice shading, and a super wet flow, this ink is going to add flair to your writing. The paper you use will make a pretty big difference in how it appears and drys, but it's a nice ink to use. Try it out!