Ink cartridges are great for convenience or for simplicity of getting into using fountain pens for beginners. But if you really want the most benefit of fountain pen usage, bottled ink is the way to go.
Bottled ink can be a little confusing for new fountain pen users though, so that's why I've created this video.
Here are some of the questions I answer about bottled ink:
- How long does ink last (in usage or storage)? (0:36)
- How much does a bottle of ink cost? (1:42)
- How do cartridges compare to bottles (for economy)? (2:04)
- How do you store ink? (2:47)
- Can you reuse ink (dump it back in the bottle)? (3:25)
- Can you mix inks? (4:02)