Field Notes' Summer 2019 quarterly limited edition (the 43rd Edition) features a 3-Pack of graph journals with beautiful depictions of National Parks. The "B" set includes cover illustrations of Grand Canyon National Park by DKNG Studios, Joshua Tree Nat’l Park by The Little Friends of Printmaking, Mount Rainier Nat’l Park by Glenn Thomas.
From Field Notes:
Since the early days of Field Notes we have been searching for just the right way create an edition celebrating America’s National Parks. When we saw the work of the artists of The Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series, we knew exactly what to do. We’re proud to present this collaboration and invite you to check out three 3-Packs and 52 million acres of American treasure. We’re donating five percent of retail and wholesale purchases to the National Parks Service, to help preserve and expand on our nation’s best idea.
Gorgeous illustrations of nine iconic National Parks are featured on the covers of nine Memo Books, which are grouped into the three 3-Packs that make up the “National Parks” Series.
The covers are printed on a variety of colored 100-lb. cover stocks from the French Paper Company of Niles, Michigan, using a custom, five-color process that started with under-printing white ink. This allowed us to incorporate the color of the paper into the artwork. The illustrative styles, the printing process, and the copper staples recall the heritage, and archival promotional materials and publications, of the National Park System.
Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of Finch Opaque 60#T marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories.
These Field Notes are a tribute to places in the U.S.A. that can only truly be appreciated in person. Please visit, enjoy, and support our National Parks. We hope when you visit your favorite national park, you’ll bring along your new favorite memo book, get it stamped, and tag us in your photos.
We anticipate infinite e-mails and social media posts asking about all the other parks… don’t think for a moment we don’t love ’em all, but we had to start somewhere!
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
- Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- ll FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Field Notes
- Thickness - Overall
How thick the notebook is from front to back, including the cover.
- Size - Overall
The general international paper size, including options such as A4, A5, B5, Pocket, etc. Click here to read our guide on paper sizes.
- Binding Orientation
- Binding Type
- Cover Material
- Uncoated Paper
- Cover Thickness
- Paper Color
- Paper Weight
- Sheet Count
The number of individual pieces of paper in the notebook (whereas pages refers to each side of a sheet). 1 sheet = 2 pages.
Whether or not the paper is micro-perforated and designed to be removed from the notebook. Options include None, Some, or All pages.
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Line Spacing
- Ruling Type