Inspired by vintage 1950's design, the Yookers Metis has a classic, timeless look. Yookers is the first refillable felt-tip pen that uses standard fountain pen ink cartridges.
This silver and black lacquered brass pen has a screw-cap and is complemented by silver trim. It comes with a standard international converter so you can fill this pen from a bottle of fountain pen ink, or it also accepts short and long standard international cartridges.
The front grip section is removable and interchangeable so you can easily clean the pen as well as switch out the tip size.
We recommend staying away from highly pigmented or shimmering inks in these pens, as the pigment/glitter will clog and not make its way through the tip onto your paper. Conventional fountain pen inks will work best.
To clean this pen:
- Unscrew the barrel from the tip section.
- Rinse the tip by filling and emptying it with water (repeat this until the water is clear). Use caution as ink residue will ﬂow out.
- Place the tip section into a beaker or other container of clean water. The water level should completely cover the tip. Be sure to use room temperature or lukewarm water. Distilled water will work best (tap water sometimes contains particles which may clog the feed). Never use alcohol, as this will damage the feed or other parts of the pen.
- Let the tip soak for 10 to 15 minutes, then blot dry with a paper towel. Soak the tip overnight if necessary.
- Wash your pen every few weeks or whenever changing ink colors.
- Felt Tip Refillable Pens
Whether or not the barrel of the pen is translucent, allowing you to see the ink and filling mechanism inside.
- Body Material
- Lacquered brass
- Cap Rotations
For pens with a screw-cap closure, how many rotations it takes to uncap/recap the pen.
- Cap Type
How the cap is opened/closed from the barrel of the pen. Some common options include Snap-Cap, Screw-Cap, Magnetic Cap, or Capless (no cap).
- Compatible inks & refills
Which ink this pen will accept. Choices include bottled ink and various styles of pre-filled ink cartridges.
- Bottled inks, Standard international short ink cartridges, Standard international long ink cartridges
- Filling Mechanism
How the pen fills with ink. Click here to watch our video tutorial on common filling mechanisms.
- Cartridge, Converter
- Grip Material
Whether or not the cap fits securely onto the back of the barrel when open.
Whether or not the nib/tip can retract into the body of the pen (usually for click or twist-open style pens).
- Diameter - Body
- 11.7mm (0.46in)
- Diameter - Cap (without clip)
- 11.9mm (0.47in)
- Diameter - Cap (with clip)
- 15.2mm (0.60in)
- Diameter - Grip
Measured from the place most people choose to rest their fingers, which varies with each pen.
- 8.5mm (0.33in)
- Length - Body
The measurement from the back end of the barrel to the tip of the nib.
- 119.3mm (4.70in)
- Length - Cap
- 55.0mm (2.17in)
- Length - Nib
The measured length of the visible portion of the nib when it is installed in the pen, from grip to tip.
- 5.5mm (0.22in)
- Length - Overall (Closed)
- 129.0mm (5.08in)
- Length - Overall (Posted)
When the cap of the pen is posted onto the back of the pen body, this is the measurement of the entire pen including the nib.
- 159.0mm (6.26in)
- Weight - Body
- 20.0g (0.71oz)
- Weight - Cap
- 12.0g (0.42oz)
- Weight - Overall
- 32.0g (1.13oz)
- Max Ink Capacity - Cartridge
The maximum volume of ink that can fit in the pen when using a cartridge.
- Max Ink Capacity - Converter
The maximum volume of ink that can fit in the pen when using a converter.