Handmade, handpainted. The BENU Supreme is one of a kind with its unique beautiful features. The Nebula model has a black resin base with colorful handpainted accents and sparkles. It has a #6 silver colored Schmidt stainless steel nib, a black resin grip, a rhodium-plated brass clip, and it is able to post. This fountain pen comes with a standard international converter and one long blue ink cartridge.
The creation of the Supreme takes 4-6 days depending on the model. Each pen has several layers of paint to ensure the depth of colors and glossiness of a surface. A painter applies mineral pigments using different brushes, sponges and other instruments. The process consists of the following steps:
- At the first stage, a pen’s body is made by hand.
- After the body is ready, a painter applies several layers of paint. After each layer is applied, the body of the pen requires 24 hours to dry before it is ready for the next layer. The Nebula has five layers of paint.
- When all the layers have properly dried, the body of the pen is covered with a transparent glossy topcoat.
- The final layer also requires 24 hours to dry, then a maker sands and polishes the body making it ready for assembling.
We do our best to photograph the pens to show how they will appear in person, but due to the nature of the material, expect some variation in the pattern from what you see here.
- Fountain Pens
Whether or not the barrel of the pen is translucent, allowing you to see the ink and filling mechanism inside.
- Body Material
- Cap Rotations
For pens with a screw-cap closure, how many rotations it takes to uncap/recap the pen.
- Cap Type
How the cap is opened/closed from the barrel of the pen. Some common options include Snap-Cap, Screw-Cap, Magnetic Cap, or Capless (no cap).
- Compatible inks & refills
Which ink this pen will accept. Choices include bottled ink and various styles of pre-filled ink cartridges.
- Bottled Inks, Standard international long, Standard international short cartridges
- Filling Mechanism
How the pen fills with ink. Click here to watch our video tutorial on common filling mechanisms.
- Cartridge, Converter
- Grip Material
- Nib Size
- Fine, Medium, Broad
- Nib Color
- Nib Material
Whether or not the cap fits securely onto the back of the barrel when open.
Whether or not the nib/tip can retract into the body of the pen (usually for click or twist-open style pens).
- Diameter - Body
- 14.5mm (0.57in)
- Diameter - Cap (without clip)
- 17.2mm (0.68in)
- Diameter - Cap (with clip)
- 19.6mm (0.77in)
- Diameter - Grip
Measured from the place most people choose to rest their fingers, which varies with each pen.
- 9.8mm (0.39in)
- Length - Body
The measurement from the back end of the barrel to the tip of the nib.
- 124.8mm (4.91in)
- Length - Cap
- 59.0mm (2.32in)
- Length - Nib
The measured length of the visible portion of the nib when it is installed in the pen, from grip to tip.
- 22.3mm (0.88in)
- Length - Overall (Closed)
- 131.2mm (5.17in)
- Length - Overall (Posted)
When the cap of the pen is posted onto the back of the pen body, this is the measurement of the entire pen including the nib.
- 161.4mm (6.35in)
- Weight - Body
- 13.0g (0.46oz)
- Weight - Cap
- 10.0g (0.35oz)
- Weight - Overall
- 23.0g (0.81oz)
- Max Ink Capacity - Cartridge
The maximum volume of ink that can fit in the pen when using a cartridge.
- Max Ink Capacity - Converter
The maximum volume of ink that can fit in the pen when using a converter.
- Max Ink Capacity - Eyedropper
The maximum volume of ink that can fit in the pen when filling the entire barrel of the pen via eyedropper.