Field Notes' Summer 2020 quarterly limited edition (the 47th Edition) features a 2-Pack of rugged graph and lined paper wirebound notepads.
From Field Notes:
It has been a while since we have implemented a new format for a Quarterly Release, and it has been a really long while since we first considered this one. We hope you’ll agree, it has been worth the wait.
Introducing our completely new Seasonal Release for the Summer of 2020, the “Heavy Duty” Edition. Each pack contains a pair of memo-sized Work Books, durable enough for your toughest assignments.
The covers are made of extra-beefy “Super Duty Chipboard” and have been screen-printed with thick, opaque ink, one in DDC Orange and one in Blue Sky Blue. The “flip” books are bound from the top with sturdy Double-O Wiring, to make it easy to take notes with one hand while holding the book with the other. Each book contains 80 pages, Ruled on the front with a Double Graph Grid on the back, so you’ll have space for making lists and for sketching out plans too.
Each 2-Pack includes a “Stay-Shut” Band of Rubber, sized to keep things extra-solid when your “Heavy Duty” book is packed away. The wire rings are also a good place to stash the subscriber-exclusive “Natural Finish 3-Inch Field Notes Hex Pencil.” We hope these bad-ass little companions can help you stay one step ahead of your to-do list.
- Proudly printed by the good people of Schneider Graphics, Inc., Bensenville, Ill.
- Covers: Newark Paperboard Mills 60 pt. “Super Duty Chipboard,” with a heavy 2-color application of “DDC Orange” or “Blue-Sky Imagineering” and black inks.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 70#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “The Whole Sky is a Cloud” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Covers printed on an Advance Process Supply Cameo 34" × 50" flat bed screen press. Innards printed on a 20" × 29" Heidelberg Speedmaster 74 with perfector.
- Bound with bombproof Renz “Double-O” Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius.
- Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm). Double Graph grid: 1/8" × 1/8" (3.2mm × 3.2mm).
- Work Book dimensions: 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm) (excluding binding).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Field Notes
- Size - Overall
The general international paper size, including options such as A4, A5, B5, Pocket, etc. Click here to read our guide on paper sizes.
- Binding Orientation
- Binding Type
- Cover Material
- Uncoated Paper
- Paper Color
- Paper Weight
- Sheet Count
The number of individual pieces of paper in the notebook (whereas pages refers to each side of a sheet). 1 sheet = 2 pages.
Whether or not the paper is micro-perforated and designed to be removed from the notebook. Options include None, Some, or All pages.
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Line Spacing
- 6.4mm ruled, 3.2mm graph
- Ruling Type
- Graph & Lined