Field Notes' Winter 2019 quarterly limited edition (the 45th Edition) features a 3-Pack of dot-grid journals with white covers and metallic gilt edging.
From Field Notes:
This Field Notes Quarterly limited edition gets its name from the position of the elements Copper, Silver, and Gold in the Periodic Table. “Group Eleven” is made up of three standard Dot-Graph Memo Books. But aside from the size, there’s not much standard about them.
Stylish and refined, each book in the 3-Pack represents one of the three precious metals and features a cover stamped in metallic hot-foil with matching staples, ink, and—for only the second time ever—gilded page edges. The covers are a 120#C duplexed stock from Neenah, combining “Solar White” on the outside and “Epic Black” inside. Body pages are 60#T Finch Opaque with a dot-grid in matching metallic ink.
“Group Eleven” plays the colors of these three “native metals” off of the elegant white covers in a way that feels rich without being ostentatious They’re tastefully fit for Winter, especially for gift giving.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Neenah Classic Crest 120#C Duplex “Solar White / Epic Black,” with hot-foil stamped “Elemental Gold,” “Elemental Silver,” and “Elemental Copper” by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 70#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Good as Gold,” “Sound of Silver,” or “Copper Country” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Cover printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Gilded with an Ochsner edge gilder by Liberty Book and Bible, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Corners rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) and gilded by an Ochsner round corner gilder.
- Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Field Notes
- Thickness - Overall
How thick the notebook is from front to back, including the cover.
- Size - Overall
The general international paper size, including options such as A4, A5, B5, Pocket, etc. Click here to read our guide on paper sizes.
- Binding Orientation
- Binding Type
- Cover Material
- Coated Paper
- Cover Thickness
- Paper Color
- Paper Weight
- Sheet Count
The number of individual pieces of paper in the notebook (whereas pages refers to each side of a sheet). 1 sheet = 2 pages.
Whether or not the paper is micro-perforated and designed to be removed from the notebook. Options include None, Some, or All pages.
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Line Spacing
- Ruling Type
- Dot grid