This Winter 2022 seasonal set contains two 24-sheet (48 page) Field Notes pocket notebooks with an amber cover and off-white dot grid paper. Each notebook measures 3.5" wide by 5.5" tall and is bound with a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process.
From Field Notes:
The covers are the result of the interaction of a bright, transparent ink with the lovely, rich tone of the “Packing Brown Wrap” paper we’ve been using for years on our “Original Kraft” Memo Books.
The insides feature a slightly off-white stock with a subtle dot-graph and the pages are micro-perforated, so your notes and lists are secure, but easy to remove when needed.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill.
02. Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C “Packing Brown Wrap,” with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Amber" soy-based Superior ink.
03. Innards: Domtar Cougar 60#T “Natural,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” soy-based Superior ink.
04. Cover and innards printed (and perforated) on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Field Notes
- Size - Overall
The general international paper size, including options such as A4, A5, B5, Pocket, etc. Click here to read our guide on paper sizes.
- Binding Orientation
- Binding Type
- Cover Material
- Uncoated Paper
- Paper Color
- Paper Weight
- Sheet Count
The number of individual pieces of paper in the notebook (whereas pages refers to each side of a sheet). 1 sheet = 2 pages.
Whether or not the paper is micro-perforated and designed to be removed from the notebook. Options include None, Some, or All pages.
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Ruling Type
- Dot Grid