This set contains two 32-sheet (64 page) Field Notes books with a purple cover and a format specifically designed to keep track of your Dungeons & Dragons game. Each book measures 4-3/4" wide by 7-1/2" tall and is bound with a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process.
From Field Notes:
HAIL, AND WELL MET, ADVENTURER!
We present thee with the Field Notes 5E Character & Game Master Journals, handsome tomes for the fifth edition of “the world’s greatest roleplaying game,” Dungeons & Dragons.
We see a lot of graph paper here at Field Notes, but even after years of making our Memo Books, it’s hard to see those little squares without wanting to map out a route through a subterranean dungeon or an abandoned castle. Which path will lead us to the dragon, berserker, or whatever other enemies stand between us, treasure, and glory?
While our original Field Notes served us well for general map-making and note-taking, we were craving purpose-built books to track our progress. With some help from our more-experienced dungeoneering friends, we set out on an adventure to make the two best, most complete, most useful 5E role-playing and game-mastering journals available.A good GM deserves a journal worthy of the tales they spin. Whether creating a magnum opus for a years-long campaign, or setting the scene for a series of smaller adventures, our Game Master Journal has you covered.
This Game Master Journal is the perfect companion for the big-picture world-building that so many GMs strive for. Whether using official sourcebooks or homebrewing your own lands for your party to explore, the Game Master Journal is a book no GM should be without.
Inside each Game Master Journal you’ll find empty charts, tables, hex grids, and spaces for logging the following campaign information:
- Campaign Name / Players
- House Rules
- World Overview / Principles
- Core Assumptions / Genres
- Major Pantheon / Minor Pantheon
- Maps / Kingdoms / Settlements / Locations
- Key NPCs / Secondary NPCs
- Player Characters
- Major Factions / Minor Factions
- Key Monsters
- Key Magic Items
- Downtime Activities Underway
- Milestone / XP Awards
- Random Tables
FIELD NOTES QUALITY, DUNGEON-TESTED
Each 2-Pack includes two “Note Book”-sized Game Master Journals, 4-3/4" x 7-1/2", with purple French Paper Co “Construction” 100# covers featuring handy data, tables, and diagrams for reference. The body pages are beefy 70# Finch Opaque text with clear-but-subtle light brown print. The pages contain fields for game information, character data, and level-by-level notes.
* Again, to be clear, these are not blank note books, they are specifically formatted for 5E fantasy roleplaying.
Field Notes 5e Character Journals are designed for use with the fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons as permitted under the Open Game License version 1.0a.
Dungeons and Dragons and all related trademarks are the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (WOTC). Field Notes Brand is not affiliated with nor licensed by WOTC.
- Proudly printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill., and Able Printing Services, Berwyn, Ill.
- Cover: French Pop-Tone 100#C "Grape Jelly" with a brute force application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira inks.
- Innards: Domtar Lynx Opaque Smooth 70#T “White” with a fine application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- Corners rounded to a 1/2" (12.7mm) radius by a Heidelberg die cut press.
- Note Book dimensions are 4-3/4" × 7-1/2" (121mm × 191mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927).
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Created in collaboration with the crew at the Chicago Board Game Cafe, chicagogamecafe.com with special thanks to Will the Wondrous, Eric the Esteemed, and Wally the Witty.
- Field Notes
- Size - Overall
The general international paper size, including options such as A4, A5, B5, Pocket, etc. Click here to read our guide on paper sizes.
- Binding Orientation
- Binding Type
- Cover Material
- Uncoated Paper
- Paper Color
- Paper Weight
- Sheet Count
The number of individual pieces of paper in the notebook (whereas pages refers to each side of a sheet). 1 sheet = 2 pages.
Whether or not the paper is micro-perforated and designed to be removed from the notebook. Options include None, Some, or All pages.
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Ruling Type