This set contains two 32-sheet (64 page) Field Notes books with a red cover and a format specifically designed to keep track of your Dungeons & Dragons character stats. Each book measures 4-3/4" wide by 7-1/2" tall and is bound with a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process.
From Field Notes:
HAIL, AND WELL MET, ADVENTURER!
We present thee with the Field Notes 5E Character Journal, a handsome tome for the fifth edition of “the world’s greatest roleplaying game,” Dungeons & Dragons. It is specifically designed to help you track your D&D character’s statistics, spells, weapons, treasure, history, and more. The 64 pages feature room for all data normally found on a character sheet, and more, including plenty of space to document your adventure level by level.*
We’ve been making Field Notes for well over a decade now, so we’ve seen more than our fair share of Graph paper. Yet, even now, some of us can’t look at little squares without wanting to map out a route through a subterranean dungeon or an abandoned castle, striving to defeat the dragon, berserker, or whatever other enemies stand between us, treasure, and glory.
A recent call from the folks at the Chicago Board Game Cafe, offering their considerable wisdom and charisma, finally sparked us into action.
FIELD NOTES QUALITY, DUNGEON-TESTED
Each 2-Pack includes two “Note Book”-sized Character Journals, 4-3/4" x 7-1/2", with blood-red French Paper Co “Construction” 100# covers featuring handy data, tables, and diagrams for reference. The body pages are beefy 70# Finch Opaque text with clear-but-subtle light brown print. The pages contain fields for game information, character data, and level-by-level notes.
And hey, if you’re inclined to roll your d20 late into the evening, you’ll probably also want some graph paper to go along with your Character Journals. Please take a look at other products; we have a variety of books, writing instruments, pencil bags (i.e. dice bags!) and other goodies to help you slay (or befriend) the orcs you’ll encounter on your quest.
* Again, to be clear, these are not blank note books, they are specifically formatted for 5E fantasy roleplaying.
Field Notes 5e Character Journals are designed for use with the fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons as permitted under the Open Game License version 1.0a.
Dungeons and Dragons and all related trademarks are the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (WOTC). Field Notes Brand is not affiliated with nor licensed by WOTC.
- Proudly printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill., and Able Printing Services, Berwyn, Ill.
- Cover: French Pop-Tone 100#C “Wild Cherry” with a brute force application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira inks.
- Innards: Domtar Lynx Opaque Smooth 70#T “White” with a fine application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- Corners rounded to a 1/2" (12.7mm) radius by a Heidelberg die cut press.
- Note Book dimensions are 4-3/4" × 7-1/2" (121mm × 191mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927).
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Created in collaboration with the crew at the Chicago Board Game Cafe, chicagogamecafe.com with special thanks to Will the Wondrous, Eric the Esteemed, and Wally the Witty.
- Field Notes
- Size - Overall
The general international paper size, including options such as A4, A5, B5, Pocket, etc. Click here to read our guide on paper sizes.
- Binding Orientation
- Binding Type
- Paper Color
- Paper Weight
- Sheet Count
The number of individual pieces of paper in the notebook (whereas pages refers to each side of a sheet). 1 sheet = 2 pages.
Whether or not the paper is micro-perforated and designed to be removed from the notebook. Options include None, Some, or All pages.
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Ruling Type