Join our Team
The Goulet Pen Company is seeking an experienced bookkeeper to meet our growing accounting needs. We’re looking for someone who eats details for breakfast, and thinks pennies still matter. This role is so important, we consider you to be an asset, not a liability. (Get it?)
In this role, you’ll be keeping accurate track of accounts payable and other data entry and reconciliation. You’ll touch all financial aspects of business operations, including accounts payable to vendors, customer deposit reconciliation, credit card expense reconciliation, and bank account management. We’ll be putting a great degree of trust in you to ensure all bills are paid on time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Create general journal entries as needed.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and inventory transactions.
• Manage all bill payment for the company.
• Send PayPal payments or phone in credit card transactions as appropriate for product invoices.
• Record invoices as paid in Quickbooks where payment has been made.
• Follow up with vendors for any open invoice discrepancies or credits due.
• Reconcile customer sales receipts to the daily deposit record in Quickbooks.
• Make deposits at the bank for checks or cash.
Bank & Credit Card Reconciliation
• Key into QuickBooks any credit card payments made, classifying expenses appropriately.
• Record any deposits, withdrawals, or payments in QuickBooks made from the company checking or savings account, as well as all checks written.
• Identify any discrepancies and locate the source, applying adjustments where needed.
Tax Filing & Recordkeeping
• Maintain fixed asset logs, adding new purchases and recording disposals or sales as appropriate.
• Manage secure petty cash box.
• Develop and maintain physical and electronic filing system for records, including invoices, bills, receipts, etc.
WHAT TOOLS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• Quickbooks Professional or Enterprise (strongly desired)
• Microsoft Excel
• Internet browser
WHAT EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION YOU SHOULD HAVE BEFORE APPLYING:
The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude are important as you'll be working with team members across the company as well as our vendors. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Quickbooks accounting software package.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Our office is located in Ashland, Virginia. We are right off of Lakeridge Pkwy, which is very close to I-95 at exit 86B. We're a mile or two north of Virginia Center Commons, and less than a mile south of the Bass Pro Shop, so there are lots of great food options nearby (and a whole new outlet mall being built up the road too!). You must be local, or willing to relocate at your own expense within the very near future, as we need someone available to start as soon as possible.
To get a better idea of what The Goulet Pen Company is all about, be sure to check out our About Us page to learn more about who we are, the history of our company, and most importantly, our company values.
Do you see yourself being the perfect fit for this position? If yes, then please send your résumé and cover letter to Sam Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!