The Goulet Pen Company is hiring a motivated member for our warehouse Fulfillment Team. Our mission at Goulet Pens is to provide writing enthusiasts with the most personal online shopping experience through comprehensive education, exemplary service, and products we believe in. The Fulfillment Team makes sure all of our customers’ orders get pulled, packed, and shipped with the highest levels of efficiency and care. We believe that the way we carry out these core tasks sends a personal message about our gratitude for our customers and our passion to serve them. If you love being on your feet, keeping your hands busy, paying attention to the details, and having a real impact on our customers, then this could be the right position for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Rotate between various jobs in our warehouse. This includes pulling orders, quality checks, packing orders, preparing shipping labels, and other production support.
• Pull orders – use printed copies of invoices to pick the correct items off the warehouse shelves for each order. Lots of walking!
• Quality checks – verify that all the right items were pulled for each order. This will require a great attention to detail and a high degree of knowledge of the products we sell.
• Pack orders – determine the best type of box to use based on the shipping method and the cost, and securely pack each order using bubble wrap, shrink-wrap, packing paper, etc.
• Prepare shipping labels – print a shipping label for each order, being sure to correctly identify the shipping method, address, price, etc.
• Production support – we make some of our own products, so you’ll help prepare those for sale. You will be handling small and delicate products. These processes require great hand-eye coordination and attention to detail.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• We want you to have experience working on your feet! This is not a job for someone who wants to be sitting behind a desk working on a computer. You need to be prepared to stand or walk all day. If you’ve worked in restaurants, retail, or doing manual labor outside, you know what we’re talking about.
• Passion! You’ve got to have an inner drive to work hard and serve your teammates and our customers with great passion every day!
• You must be totally team-oriented. We expect everyone to rotate roles and work as a team to be as efficient as possible. Empathy for your team members is critical for the success of the whole company.
• You definitely need to have attention to detail. If we ship the wrong product to a customer, that’s really bad! You have to care about what you’re doing; this isn’t the type of place where you zone out while you work.
• The “Tetris” gene is always good when it comes to packing up orders. Our number one goal is to pack each order so that it arrives safely, but we also need to watch our costs. Packing boxes efficiently is key!
• You must be incredibly flexible, as things change on a daily basis. We may be slammed with orders one day, and slower on the next. We often rearrange the warehouse as we get new products in.
• We need someone who cares about the real person on the other side of the order they are fulfilling. You don’t necessarily have to be a writing enthusiast yourself, but you must respect our customers by the way you handle the products they are passionate about.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Pay will start at $12/hour, with full benefits including paid vacation and holidays, health/dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, 401(k) plan with a company match, and tons of other fun perks!
Our office is located in Ashland, Virginia. We are right off of Lakeridge Pkwy, which is very close to I-95 at exit 86B. We're a mile or two north of Virginia Center Commons, and less than a mile south of the Bass Pro Shop, so there are lots of great food options nearby (and a whole new outlet mall being built up the road too!). You must be local, or willing to relocate at your own expense within the very near future, as we need someone available to start as soon as possible.
To get a better idea of what The Goulet Pen Company is all about, be sure to check out our About Us
page to learn more about who we are, the history of our company, and most importantly, our company values.
If this all sounds like something that excites you (and if you like what our company is all about), then please send us your résumé! You can email Sam Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We look forward to hearing from you!